20 Sep 2017 Update: Remora Rd, MacArthur Ave, Hercules St, Harbour Rd
The works will involve upgrading key roads within Northshore from industrial access roads into roads that service Northshore Hamilton’s new uses as a residential, retail, commercial and recreational precinct.
The road upgrades will provide:
- Additional traffic lanes with a median along Remora Road, Hercules Street and MacArthur Avenue allowing for future demand
- Dedicated cycle lanes linking Portside, a planned Riverwalk, and Kingsford Smith Drive.
- Resurfacing, some on street parking, new footpaths and landscaping to create tree lined boulevards along Remora Road, MacArthur Avenue, Hercules Street, Harbour Road
- New bus stops to improve public transport in the precinct
- A new connection road direct from Hercules Street to Kingsford Smith Drive
- Two new traffic lights on major intersections on MacArthur Avenue to improve safety for drivers, pedestrians & cyclists.
How can I stay informed of roadwork program over the next 12 months?
Residents and business owners will be regularly updated regarding specific timing for works and proposed traffic changes in their area via the website, email blasts and letterbox drops.