Hercules Street Park Playground Enhancement Works
The upgraded Hercules Street Park opened on 20 December 2019 and has been heavily patronised by the community. To date EDQ has received a lot of positive feedback about the park and the quality of the features provided. We have also received useful suggestions from the community on additional features that could be implemented around the playground. The key items of feedback were:
- More shade in the seating areas around the playground
- Shade to the spiral slide to reduce the heat of the slide
- Improvements to the operation of the long slide, particularly when it is wet
EDQ has taken these suggestions on board and is in the process of implementing the following enhancements:
- Provision of a shade sail over the spiral slide and swing set
- Provision of umbrellas over seating areas to provide shade until the trees in the park grow and provide shade
- Increasing the softfall at the end of the long slide, adding hold rails on sides of the slides and adding climbing features on the slope either side of the long slide
These works are expected to be completed by late March 2020 (due to delays from wet weather).
Whilst the works are being undertaken some closures of the playground and surrounding areas of the park will be required. Signage will be installed prior to the closures.
We thank you for your patience during the construction of the park and again whilst we make these enhancements to the playground.
In the meantime, if you have any questions about the project please visit the project's Have Your Say website at https://haveyoursay.dsdmip.qld.gov.au/northshore and click on the Q&A link to ask the project team a question.